The shape and appearance of your nose may be due to heredity or an injury. Whatever the reason, if you don't like the look of your nose a rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, may be right for you. Surgery of the nose can change the physical characteristics as well as any structural problems that may affect breathing. Rhinoplasty can accomplish the following aspects:
- Nose size, in relation to other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depression on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that a is large or bulbous, drooping, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
It should be noted that rhinoplasty candidates should be finished with facial growth or at least 13 years of age.