The nose is your most prominent facial feature. You may be unhappy with the shape or appearance of the nose you inherited or as a result of an injury. Whatever the reason, if you don't like the look of your nose a rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, may be right for you. Rhinoplasty can improve the appearance and proportion of your nose, improve facial balance and self confidence. Surgery of the nose may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural abnormalities in the nose.
It should be noted that rhinoplasty candidates should be finished with facial growth (after puberty).
Rhinoplasty can address:
- Nose size, in relation to other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depression on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that a is large or bulbous, drooping, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
- Septal deviation
- Breathing difficulties