Diagnosis and Treatment
Welcome to Premier Plastic Surgery's Hand Surgery Division. We are the largest group of board-certified Hand Surgeons in the Kansas City area. This means that not only are we board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, but in addition we have spent extra time and training sub-specializing in the very complex and demanding area of hand surgery, achieving the rare board certification of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
Doctors Moore, Storm and Gonzalez have over 60 combined years of providing excellence in complex hand reconstruction. We provide both conservative and surgical management for all types of hand, wrist and forearm problems and pain. We specialize in microsurgery of the nerves and arteries of the upper extremity, traumatic injuries, congenital deformities, arthritis reconstruction due to degenerative (aging) and rheumatoid conditions, work related injuries, overuse syndromes, nerve compressions, tendonitis and tumors of the hand. We have on site X-ray, nerve testing, and a comprehensive hand therapy department.
For over twenty years in the Kansas City, MO/KS metropolitan and surrounding communities (as well as complex cases from the entire Midwest) we have provided the special care that work-related injuries require. We take pride in fairly and objectively addressing the concerns of the injured patient, the employer and the insurer.
Additionally, Dr. Moore has completed a hand surgery fellowship further sub-specializing in arthritis of the hand and wrist including rheumatoid as well as osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis from aging). He performs joint replacements for all of the joints of the fingers, thumb and wrist.
The Hand Division of Premier Plastic Surgery has built a dedicated team of expert staff to provide the vital communication needs inherent to worker's compensation cases. Our surgical coordinator is specifically tasked to manage every aspect of pre and post op surgical scheduling and care. Our nursing staff has extensive experience in helping to support the patient from the initial consult through treatment and return to work. We provide surgical and conservative treatment of work-related injuries and second opinions.
The physicians at Premier Plastic Surgery are pleased to provide conservative and surgical treatment for the following conditions:
- Lacerations of hand and arm
- Cut tendons (extensor and flexor tendon repairs), arteries, nerves requiring microsurgery
- Fractures (broken bone) of the fingers, hand, and wrist including metacarpal, scaphoid and lunate fractures
- Crush injuries to the hand and fingers
- Amputations, both partial and complete
- Ligament injuries to the hand and wrist (sprains and dislocations)
- Overuse tendonitis: DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis, Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis elbow), Trigger finger, Medial Epicondylitis
- Skin grafts and flaps for burns or large complex wounds
- Median nerve neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Release – Open
- Carpal Tunnel Release – Endoscopic
- Ulnar nerve neuropathy
- Cubital Tunnel Release
- Radial nerve compression
- Ganglion Cysts (ganglions)
- Skin tumors, both benign and malignant (basal cell cancer, squamous cell cancer, and melanoma) of the hand, forearm and fingers
- Bony tumors, both benign and malignant
- Soft tissue tumors: giant cell tumors, sarcomas, nerve tumors
- Basilar Joint Arthritis (Thumb arthritis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the fingers, knuckles, and wrist
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative) of the fingers, thumb and wrist
- Bone spurs and carpal bosses
- Syndactyly (webbing or web fingers)
- Finger or thumb duplication (extra fingers)
- Missing or misshapened fingers
- Contracted fingers or thumb
- Locking fingers or thumb
- Dupuytren's Contracture
To learn more about Premier Plastic Surgery Hand Division please go to www.handmds.com or call our office
at (913) 782-0707.